Friday, July 4, 2008

Oh Happy Day!


This is shadenfrued, plain in simple, but as a gay man living with HIV I take great joy in the fact that the former Senator from North Carolina, Jesse Helms is dead!  



I danced when Reagan died, again when William F. Buckley (who suggested  that people with HIV should be tattooed to protect innocent Americans great story about him here) and today I will do an Independence Day jig to celebrate the demise of Jesse Helms.  Helms was not only a racist and homophobe but also opposed all civil rights, public education money, funding for art, and just about every cause that is near and dear to my red blooded liberal patriotic heart.  

Some great quotes from Joe. My. God. on Helm's ideals about AIDS, President Clinton, and the progressive ideal.  

To quote: "Burn Baby Burn."

2 comments:

Frank Jump said...

Thanks for letting me know about Helms. I don't believe in heaven but I'm sure he's in hell the sonofabitch. Also thanks for teaching me the meaning of schadenfreude.

Anonymous said...

I will dance WITH YOU!